Additional late sponsor: Orthopedic Rehab Specialists of jackson - Thanks !!
Chelsea Track & Field and Cross Country Presents:
Run Around the Clock
Friday-Saturday, June 16th-17th, 2017
From 6PM - 6PM
Event day is almost here: A couple final notes:
- Make sure to be at the initial meeting beginning at 5:45 Friday at the track. Teams should have at least 1 member there. I will pass out wristbands and shirts at that time.
- Bring a tent or some arrangements for where you will relax between runs. The school area will ONLY be open in case of lightning in the area.
- Please no camping or food of any kind on the infield area.
- Late registrants are still welcome, but must do 24 pushups prior to their first mile !!!
- All pre-registrants who paid for a shirt will pick them up at 5:45. I may have 2-3 left over for $15 each ....first come first serve
- Things to bring: A chair, food, spare clothes and/or shoes, blanket, pillow, your toughness, entertainment between runs, and (of course) a good attitude.
To compete by running at least one mile per clock hour for 24 hours, for a total of at least 24 miles by the end of the event. (i. e. You must complete a mile between 2 AM and 3 AM)
This is a very unique event; something that most people have NEVER DONE BEFORE.
Individual entry fee is $24. If you want a special custom designed shirt (you do !!), it will be an extra $15.
TEAMS may compete by adding $10 per extra participant. This means that the first registrant is the Captain at the individual fee of $24, and additional team members are $10 each.
Individual Entrant/Team Captain $24
Additional team members each @ $10
Proceeds will benefit the Chelsea High School and Middle School Track and Cross Country Programs.
- Pre-event meeting - Please show up at 5:45 Friday.
- You may pitch tents/camp out OUTSIDE the track/fence area.
- Quiet time is 10 PM – 8 AM
- We will have water, music, and maybe some special prizes throughout the event.
- The restroom facilities will be open and available during the event.
- To complete your mile, you may do 4 track laps OR the special “off course” mile.
- When completing each mile, report to the table on the infield to be recorded.
- You may choose to record your mile time and be eligible for the fastest avg. mile award.
- People are encouraged to “jazz up a mile” by going backwards, in costume, etc…
- A list of surviving participants will be displayed on the scoreboard.
- Ultra Runners/ Crazy People may challenge themselves by “Doing the Double – 2 miles each hr, or “Doing the Triple”, etc. Please let us know so we can give you proper recognition/pity.
- Each person or team properly completing all 24 miles will receive a custom designed award on Saturday afternoon.
- Ann Arbor Running Company will be providing special awards for the following categories:
- Fastest Average Mile Time (men and women)
- Most Total Miles Run
- Craziest Theme, and other fun stuff
- You may compete as a TEAM – you just need to have someone on your team complete one mile per hour. See pricing above. Note: One award per team.